Laura's challenge Book Reviews

Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Here I am a bit late posting my WIPocalypse things.  Firstly my Sticklounge piece, Tribute to Ackworth by Luv2Stitch!!

Isn't it a great pattern? Just loving stitching it.

Only a few stitches on my LongDogs The Token, and I did add many beads on my Mill Hill stocking, but no photos of these until I've done a bit more.

BUT, I finally started a Bedfordshire lace piece which has 40 pairs of bobbins (yikes 80 bobbins!! more than I think I've ever used before). To stop them getting muddled up, I'm using a few stitch holders but I must say its a bit cumbersome putting them on and off the holders. Nevertheless you get the idea, its a very small piece LOL!!


I'll do a closeup of the actual work later when I get a bit further on.

Anyway, I was in a bit of a lace slump, so I'm really glad that I got it started.


3 comments:

Sue said...

Lovely stitching, Julie. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on the lace. I enjoy watching lace makers at craft fairs. I find it fascinating how you don't get lost!

Unknown said...

Your stitched piece is very pretty, will enjoy seeing it progress.

THAT LACE THING IS AMAZING!!! I have never seen anything like this - just awesome. I am really going to enjoy watching this progress.

Anonymous said...

Hello

I found your blog through Daffycat's blog.

Your sampler is looking lovely.

Wow - that picture of the lace making is fabulous - all those bobbins.