Laura's challenge Book Reviews

Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

WIPocalypse 2012

I joined Measi's great challenge (I favour this sort rather than the sort where you start a huge number of projects!! Guess why: well, I have SO many projects on the go...and never seem to finish any of them).

So I chose just 3 projects to start with:
1. Persian bookmark
2. The Token by LongDogs (to finish pages 1 and 2)
3. A new start: Cherry Blossom biscornu by The Sweetheart Tree.

So, drum roll, don't fall over please! I have JUST finished the Persian bookmark!!! My first finish for months and months, thank you so much Measi, I needed a kick-start and now really feel like I have accomplished something!!

For the next week, I think I'll progress on projects 2 and 3 then will go through my stash and find another SMALL project to finish.

Happy Stitching
Julie



15 comments:

Diane (di) said...

Julie, everything is just wonderful and I really love that bookmark. Congrats on your finish!!

Anonymous said...

well done on your first month's check-in ^^

Alesia Matson said...

Oh, a finish is a great way to start 2012, way to go!

Lea said...

Congrats on your progress.

robindefender said...

THey all look great. Congrats on the first finish of the year!

Unknown said...

All three pieces are beautiful - congrats on your first finish of 2012!

Katie said...

I'm another WIPocalypse stitcher just stopping by. Congrats on your progress.

Janine said...

Fantastic Julie. I am adding your blog to my reading list. BTW I love your book mark. Finish it as a pillow or a pinkeep. Well unless you need a bookmark that is. I love your 2 other projects. So you don't have sew cozy on that list?

Hugs Janine

Ziggyeor said...

ohh beautiful book mark and good progress on the others.

Julie said...

Janine: you are too funny!! Sew Cozy indeed.....well seriously it may get on the list sometime in the near future, just didn't want my list too long at the moment, as I need to focus. And good idea about the pillow or pinkeep, I have made plenty of bookmarks (mainly in lace) but have given them all away, so I actually NEED a bookmark.

stitchesnscraps said...

Your list looks quite do-able! Well done, you, for the first finish! And I can't wait to see your progress on the other two! ?thanks for sharing!

Melissa J.

Marcy said...

Your finish is too pretty to stick between pages. Congrats!

DJ said...

Oh I love them all but my favorite is the biscornu!! Well done, and the fabric is...well...fabulous! I will keep an eye on your progress! *Hugs*

JoAnna said...

Congrats on a finish! Your WIP pieces look great so far!

mdgtjulie said...

Great big congrats on the finish, JoAnna. I haven't had one since June, lol. I'm hoping for a few soon here though, so that's good. I love the opalescnet fabby you're using for your biscornu. It's got a lovely sparkle to it!! And grats on the progress.