This book wasn't on my initial selection, but I found it as a recorded book at our local library. THEN I went to a bookshelf where I have the books I received as prizes at school, and then found it there too! As you can tell from my blog I love stitching, so I decided to listen to the recorded book while stitching.
I can see why Charlotte had a hard time getting this into print. It just doesn't have the special something that Jane Eyre has. In fact I think that this is because you can't really get close to the main character, in fact you hardly find out much about his character. I did persevere and finished it last night, but I wouldnt really recommend it as there isn't a lot of plot and the characters aren't people who seem real either. Anyway I'm glad I read it as its good to see how authors began even if there wasn't the magic of a classic.
Now I'll have to see what to do next on the challenge.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've never heard of it and I've got a lot of the classics though from your description I've not missed much! Austen is my favourite but the odd Bronte doesn't hurt, esp as Heathcliff's moors are near to where we live.
Post a Comment