Laura's challenge Book Reviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2009

OK, I've now watched Becoming Jane, love the guy who really has a Scottish accent in the leading role, I am always amazed how people take on a completely different accent in a movie, wouldnt it be easier to employ someone with the right accent?!! Interesting watching the special features, always interesting.

Today watched half of P&P (BBC production) . Last week saw the Kiera Knightly version, actually rather enjoyed it, its different to the more classical versions, but I think it worked well

Got a number of library books out this week too, amazing that there are so many titles related to Jane A, got one interesting one about a few generations of her family. Good so far.

Always took out P&P (know I have my own copy here, but where??) and Sense and Sensibility and Lady Jane, short book.

Hope everyone else is enjoying this, what a great "assignement"!!

cheers
Julie

3 comments:

Heather G. said...

Congrats on starting up your own blog and joining in on the Everything Austen Challenge! I hope you enjoy it!

Jane - Anne said...

Yes, isn't this great!?
I'm enjoying the JA challenge very much too, can't wait until you start your sampler.
Have fun stitching while watching a JA dvd.
;o)

Maria Grazia said...

James McAvoy IS Scottish and he is an extraordinarily good actor. I've seen him in THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND, Macbeth in the BBC SHAKESPEARE RE-TOLD, in ATONEMENT and in BECOMING JANE of course. I think he was great as Tom Lefroy. I've written about BECOMING JANE in my blogs.
1. http://learnonline.splinder.com/post/19606651/JANE+AUSTEN%27S+WORLD

2.http://flyhigh-by-learnonline.blogspot.com/2009/03/bit-of-jane.html
I'm taking part in the EVERYTHING AUSTEN CHALLENGE too. I've read and posted about SANDITON so far. I've decided to post for the challenge only once a month. I love Stephanie's idea!